Have Terminator Algorithms taken over Tumblr?
February 6 2014
Dearest Tumblr Staff,
I fuckin’ love Tumblr. Always have. Seriously. That said…
I know you’re…
- embarrassed by the amount of porn on your website,
- inundated by DMCA and related legal threats,
- overwhelmed by bandwidth costs, etc
- more than a little concerned (as you fuckin’ should be) by the ‘inappropriate’ and/or illegal content some users post,
- and probably short-staffed (saying you’re “short-staffed,” at least for actually, personally dealing with registered users is probably understating the facts, right?)
Considering some of the shit I’ve seen on Tumblr, you do have ample cause to be both embarrassed and concerned. OMFG did you know there are blogs here with a dozen or more “removed” posts (“violating our terms of service”), that remain up? Are you aware that many examples of obviously suspect content remain easily available after the original poster’s account has long been
terminated, only to be passed around and ‘liked’ or re-blogged ad infinitum for months (I’m being generous)?